The Outreach Days usually fall on weekends and take around 2-3 hours (including drive time). We will meet next to the Denver Rescue Mission on the service day (parking is $4). These days of service are great for anyone who wants to learn more and be involved in the homeless community. We invite anyone from all ages to come and join, but we do request that anyone under the age of 13 have an adult with them.
- Sign up for a specific Saturday on Sign-Up Genius (which can be found on our website) and make sure your online waiver is completed.
- Make sure to arrive on time
- Dress appropriately - there could be photographers so make sure that you dress in comfortable clothing that is appropriate to viewers. Additionally, dress in clothes that you feel comfortable in that is respectful to the community.
- Act with kindness - make sure to be careful with what you ask and say. Always make sure to ask for permission for photos or videos. Respect individuals’ space and time.
- Be responsible of what you bring. Helping the Homeless Colorado will not be responsible for any lost or damaged personal items.
- Have some conversations! At Helping the Homeless Colorado we encourage story sharing. Ask your representative at the next outreach day for an interview form.