FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This may sound complicated, but essentially it’s a form you can fill out to see whether or not you qualify for financial aid from the government. First, you’ll need to go to this link: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Then, if you haven’t already, create an account and fill out the form from there. Here’s a list of items you’ll need to complete the form:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
If you have more questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll try our best to help you out.