Dedicated to helping the homeless in Colorado

26 Years Experience


FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This may sound complicated, but essentially it’s a form you can fill out to see whether or not you qualify for financial aid from the government. First, you’ll need to go to this link: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. Then, if you haven’t already, create an account and fill out the form from there. Here’s a list of items you’ll need to complete the form:

  1. Your Social Security Number
  2. Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  3. Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
  4. Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
  5. Records of untaxed income (if applicable)

If you have more questions, feel free to contact us at info@helpingthehomelesscolorado.org, and we’ll try our best to help you out.

Tags for this article
FASFA, Financial Aid, Federal student aid

Add To The Conversation


Email Newsletter Newsletter Sign-Up
Social Networks Instagram Facebook Twitter


Keep in touch with upcoming events, news and articles.

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )